Saying you want to become a model isn’t just enough you have to know the truth behind it so that you do not get too disappointed.
Below are proven fact about Modeling you need to know
1. Modeling is a job and a career and as a model you are a brand. Therefore you have to invest in yourself, work hard and be consistent.
2. Models don’t always get paid for photoshoot.
Especially for new models building up their experience, there are many shoots that compensate in trade, either with photos or clothes, or sometimes you may not end up with anything at all.
Also, In the beginning, it’s not a well-paid job. As in any other industry, you have to grow professionally and be recognized in order to have a good salary.
3. One casting is not enough.
All the models (even the most recognized onesp) have had to go to thousands of casting and have been rejected more than once.
4. Attitude is everything.
A model has to be able to express or convey through a photo, and that can only be achieved by having an attitude.
5. The mirror is your best friend.
All models have had to spend hours practicing in front of a mirror to learn how to pose in a quick and natural way. With walksandbeauty you will learn absolutely everything about the modeling industry to start your career.
6. Be prepared for Rejection.
7. Polaroids, your number one marketing tool.
Having a good Polaroid can project rapidly your acceptance into a Modeling agency and help you have more jobs than when your Polaroids are awful.
8. Shoots are not always as glamorous as the photos portray.
There is often a lot more going on behind a photo shoot than the finished picture presents. The model may have to work on a really cold or hot day wearing completely the wrong type of clothes for the season, have had 100 outfit changes or had to pose in really uncomfortable positions to get the shots.
9. Models talk to other models for private references, so reputation really is everything.
If you speak poorly of fellow creatives on shoots, it almost always gets back to them eventually. They’re quite often a close network of people who talk, despite not always meeting face to face. This applies to photographers as well as models and makeup artists.
10. Modelling can involve a lot of time spent waiting around.
whether that’s waiting to get your hair or makeup done, waiting for the photographer to set up, waiting to get your photos back, waiting for runway shows to start or waiting to be seen at castings. So you often see models with a book or iPhone in hand as there is so much free time.
Good luck on your Modeling career!